RSS Feed icon

RBWM Safeguarding Partnership

Concerned about an Adult?

Last updated: 05/05/2020

If you think you or someone you know is being abused or neglected you should report it.

Reporting concerns can be hard and worrying for all individuals involved, or you may doubt your own ability to identify the signs. However, it is essential to make your fears known as soon as possible so that the right people can investigate into the situation and make the adult safe.

If the adult in question is in immediate danger or in need of medical attention, or there has been a crime committed e.g. rape or an assault, or there is a need to protect forensic evidence:

Contact the emergency services immediately - Dial 999

To make a safeguarding referral about an adult at risk, or for advice about an adult who may be being abused, contact the Royal Borough at the earliest opportunity.

During working hours contact: Advice and Information Team - 01628 683744
Outside of working hours contact: Emergency Duty Service - 01344 786543

If the adult is not in immediate danger, but the abuse is of a criminal nature contact:
Thames Valley Police - Non-Emergency number – 101

For any more information about who to contact, please click the report adult abuse button at the top of this page or visit 


No comments have been left for this article

Have your say...

Your name will be published alongside your feedback but we will not publish your email address.

All feedback will be reviewed by a moderator and may be published.

Please ensure you complete all fields marked as mandatory.